Pages

Friday, August 11, 2006

August Linkdump

More stuff I found lately.

Scientists study using ketamine to lift depression

Down at the club, this is known as a "recreational drug." Here's another one for you, science dudes: Bourbon might be an excellent sedative!

Billy Graham facing mortality
Newsweek rides the Christian bandwagon again.

Also, I think I found out why Newsweek is so Jesusy. The managing editor, John Meachum, is a flagrant Christian, if you can even believe, who wrote this here book.

Churches that give you what you want, not what you need
Nothing new, but certainly nothing wrong here. Plus, they have big headshots of C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton in their banner, and I am just the target demographic to be suckered by that.

Why is Google paying MySpace to be their search provider?
I don't have a MySpace page, and I own no stake in Google. Following this seems like a nerdy version of caring what Brittney Spears and Kevin Federline do. But still, I do so desperately care.

No comments: