Heretofore, I have been not much of a joiner of online things. My fear is that once information about me is out in the world, it will never go away and can be manipulated and used against me in a vague, ominous future involving large monitors and stern monochrome faces.
But the techno-hermit life cramps my style. And that's becoming the only alternative to having a whole lot of information available about you on the 'Net. Further, I think it's more valuable to be open than closed in this Web we call 2.0. So I'm in.
I'm still avoiding major players (MySpace, Livejournal, Facebook), on the theory that scammers will target the largest networks for annoying, impersonal attacks. But there's plenty of other companies that would like to use my registered existence as an opportunity to sell ads.
Here's my list. If you're on one of these and want to be my pal, let's get in touch. If you're not a member and need an invite or something, leave me a comment.
Gleemax
GoodReads
LinkedIn
Nextcat
Orkut
Eventually, I'll migrate the more popular ones over to the sidebar.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Social Networth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment