These days, every couple of months some lab coat issues a press release about how his or her team has used stem cells to replace livers or arms or something. This month, it's eyes. OMG I would totally marry stem cells if I wasn't already engaged.
The other day I was thinking about the maladies that accompany mortality, and I felt pretty capable of learning to accept cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. But I get a case of the heebie-jeebies thinking that some day I could go blind.
So I'm glad they're developing the technology for seeing-eye mice when my vitreous humor dries up in about 20 years.
Friday, November 10, 2006
Mice Get All The Cool Stuff
Labels: sci-fi now
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wanted to leave a comment about how I would love you even if you went blind or had mouse eyes or something, but I thought perhaps it's bad form to use the comment section of a blog to keep telling someone who much you love them, so I decided not to.
Post a Comment